Are you looking for energy drinks in Calgary? They remain popular and claim to boost your energy, alertness, and performance. Such beverages usually contain caffeine, sugar, vitamins, and other ingredients that stimulate your nervous system. However, what happens when you mix them with alcohol or other substances? Is it a harmless way to have fun or a foolproof formula for a potentially lethal cocktail that can harm your health? Let Yeg Exotic lead you to the answers to pertinent questions like these.
Why People Mix Energy Drinks with Alcohol or Other Substances
Many people mix energy drinks with alcohol or other substances for various reasons, such as:
- To enhance the effects of alcohol or other substances, such as feeling friendly, euphoric, or confident.
- To counteract the adverse effects of alcohol or other substances, such as feeling less sleepy or tired.
- To enjoy the taste and variety of combinations, such as vodka and Red Bull (or rum and Rockstar).
Some research studies have suggested that mixing energy drinks with alcohol or other substances may have some benefits, such as:
- Improves cognitive performance, such as memory, attention, and responsiveness.
- Reduces the perception of intoxication, such as feeling less drunk, impaired, or dizzy.
- Increases the enjoyment of social situations, such as feeling happy, outgoing, or friendly.
However, these benefits may come at a high cost, as mixing energy drinks with alcohol or other substances also poses significant risks to your health and well-being. Let us explore why there are better ways to consume energy drinks in Calgary in the following manner.
The Risks of Mixing Energy Drinks with Alcohol or Other Substances
Mixing energy drinks with alcohol or other substances can have serious negative consequences, such as:
Increases the risk of dehydration, as caffeine and alcohol are diuretics that make you lose water and electrolytes.
- Increases the likelihood of cardiovascular issues, such as hypertension, palpitation, cardiac arrest, or arrhythmia.
- Increases the chance of neurological conditions, such as seizure, brain damage, or stroke.
- Increases the odds of liver damage, as the liver metabolizes both caffeine and alcohol and can overload its function.
- Increases the probability of psychological problems, such as depression, anxiety, insomnia, or addiction.
Energy Drinks and Calgary Residents
Energy drinks are widely available in Calgary, and people purchase them routinely, particularly students, young adults, and athletes. According to a recent market survey, about two-fifths of locals in the age group of eighteen to thirty-four drink energy drinks at least once a month, and about fifteen out of every hundred mix energy drinks with alcohol or other substances.
How to Make Smart Choices about Energy Drinks in Calgary
Energy drinks can be a tempting way to boost your energy, mood, and fun, but they can also be a dangerous trap that can harm your health, well-being, and future. Therefore, you must make intelligent choices about your consumption of energy drinks, such as:
- Limit your intake of energy drinks to no more than one or two cans per day, and avoid them before bedtime, as they can interfere with your sleep quality and quantity.
- Avoid mixing energy drinks with alcohol or other substances, as this can increase the risk of adverse effects and impair your judgment and decision-making.
If you wish to learn more about how you may benefit from consuming energy drinks in Calgary, please get in touch with Yeg Exotic. We are happy to help you make the best choices for your life.